- I had the opportunity to perform a leading role at the Boston Opera House and had to take a flight out there. I ended up meeting my future husband to boot! This one is not true. Not anything about it... But I did throw in the idea of it being true earlier in the post by informing you that I flew somewhere and met my husband for the first time. Wow! That worked better than I expected.
- I have stepped foot on all seven continents and must say that Antarctica was my favorite! Not true either. I've only been to North America, Europe and Africa, but how cool would that be if it were true!
- I spent four (this should have been three. We dated for four years total. My bad!) years telling my now husband that I just wanted to be friends before I finally married him. It took him chasing after someone new to get me to overcome my commitment issues. This one is actually true and someday I'll tell the whole story. James was/is my first and only love and back then, I thought I needed to make sure he was the "one" by dating around. Yeah, I was pretty nuts. (Still am, but now I'm a wiser variety of nut.) (So even the truth wasn't the truth? Boy, I'm terrible...)
- I once met Richard Marx and got to talk about writing lyrics with him. It was so cool! I wish! He is one amazing lyricist/song writer and I admire him a lot!
- I speak five languages fluently. French, German, Italian, English and Arabic. This would be true except for the fluently part... (I suppose that's a big part!) but I do speak them all to one extent or another.
- I had the chance to perform at Carnegie Hall, but turned it down as I was making wedding preparations at the time. My vocal professor was actually the one flying out to Carnegie to perform while I was planning a wedding. I wish I could have been there for her performance!
- My husband and I had our first date in St. Louis, our second date in Boston and our third in Salt Lake City. He decided to move to Utah after the third date and we were married a moth later. This is also partially true. We did have our first three dates in these places, but when he moved out to Utah, #3 began.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Inspiration Week Continued: The TRUE Finale!
Truth is always inspirational, so I'm going to get honest today and come clean. (I almost forgot to come back to this!) And apparently I'm a better liar than I thought I was since no one guessed the real answer. The trick is that none of you were looking into my eyes as I said them. That must be it. ;)
Posted by Unknown at 12:16 AM