Monday, April 12, 2010

Inspiration Week Continued: Lucky 13! Winner!

Who says 13 isn't lucky? Not me! The winner of the island contest is.....

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan!!!!

What inspires her? Read on:

I've received a lot of inspiration from the Beatles. I wrote some fanfic short stories directly involving them, but they've also inspired me to create a group of four female magic-users who must work together to save their country. John Lennon was the inspiration behind my current WIP, Across Two Universes.

Sometimes I also take frustrations I face in daily life and fictionalize them. It can be a therapeutic process. :grin:


E-mail me your address and I'll get your prizes shipped off ASAP! (nisa79 AT gmail DOT com)

Thank you all so much for participating! It seems I'm not alone in my favorite inspirations: Nature, Music, Family and God definitely came up a lot. I'm going to post them so that you can get to know your fellow bloggers. And because they're all great answers, but to keep the posts short, I'm going to do it in three segments. I hope their answers continue to inspire you this week!
Christine Fonseca said...

Hmm...what inspires me. Honestly - all of you. Everyday I meet someone or talk to someone that reminds me what life really means. And THAT is inspiring!

Stephanie L. McGee said...

The number one thing that kept me writing and kept me pushing through to finish Oracles Promise after taking a two year vacation on it was an author's response to a question I asked him. I asked him if he ever felt like what he wrote was utter garbage compared to stuff other people have published. He said all the time but that it's what keeps him going and pushing himself to be better.

Lydia Kang said...

What inspires me? Success stories from writers who were told to give up. And they didn't.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

What inspires me? Lots of things. My kids. My husband. Books I read. Writers I know. I love Lydia's comment. Those success stories are important.

Aubrie said...

Movies like Pirates of the Carribean and Lord of the Rings inspire me. Also, fantasy art. Thanks for having this contest!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

My #1 inspiration right now is my son, Scott. The Naughty Boy factory is his story, and his desire to "buy it" keeps me going. :-)

Jemi Fraser said...

My #1 inspiration in my life is my family - kids & hubby. Always. I want the world to be a better place for them. Anything I can do to make a difference for them I will.

Danyelle said...

What inspires me? Life. The more I listen, the more I hear. Life is a whole hodgepodge of wonderful people, experiences, and growing. And bossy characters. O:)

16 comments:

  1. Great contest, Nisa! Congratulations, Sandra!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great week of inspiration, Nisa. (It's still weird to think of you as Nisa, by the way.) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and inspiring *grins* contest. Congrats, Sandra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed your contest! Looks like it was great. To chime in late: Music inspires me, nature, my kids, good books, daydreaming, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats...and I love everyone's comments. so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful answers! Thanks Nisa, this was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Sandra. What a fun contest that was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Angie. I'm so sorry I missed your contest. It sounded like lots of fun. :( *Sniff, sniff...

    Congrats, Sandra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool contest! Congrats to Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great to read how other's are inspired. I look forward to reading more! And congrats to Sandra, lucky number 13.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a busy night, so I just saw this. Thanks, everyone, and thanks for running this contest, Nisa!

    ReplyDelete

Travel to Another Point of View