This time of year really makes you think. It's hard to be sad when you're reading all these blogs listing what everyone is thankful for. I love that! It is so uplifting and heartfelt and it has made my day (which, incidentally has started off on the harder side). So here is my list!
1. I am so grateful for my boys and my husband. Not to sound trite, but they are the light of my life, my sunshine, my everything. To relate this to writing, they are my support system. The little ones don't even realize it yet, but they are. They inspire me every day to write things I would feel comfortable with them reading.
2. Angie and Mercedes. Sadie, thank you for convincing me to do nano a year ago. Thank you for being there to brainstorm. You are such a good friend! Angie, you gave me my first critiques and have helped me whenever I've needed it. You've taught me so much and I'm so grateful for you!
3. I'm grateful for NaNoWriMo and all the encouraging writely websites out there.
4. I'm also so thankful for all of the informative blogs and all the bloggers I've been able to meet as I've delved into this new world! You are all amazing and I love that I get to be a part of a community that is so kind and helpful and encouraging.
5. Talent. I'm thankful the Lord has blessed me with this love and ability and the desire to grow and become better at it.
6. I love music and I'm so grateful that I can put the emotions I feel when I listen to it into lyrical passages on paper.
7. I'm so glad that I have this outlet and rallystorm to post my progress and hold me accountable.
8. I am extremely grateful for critiques and honesty! It does make me better and that's what I want to be.
9. The story I'm working on has been on replay since my college days. How thankful I am that I get to lay the story out for everyone to enjoy.
10. I'm thankful for fantasy. Sometimes it's just nice to escape reality for a little while and explore new cultures and meet new people. I love it. I'm so grateful for the genre!
I'm sure there are a million other blessings I could post, but I'll leave it at ten. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope your holiday will be filled with fun, family and food!