Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sparkfest: What Sparked You?

What book made you realize you were doomed to be a writer?

There wasn't just one book that made me want to be a writer. I have always loved to read, but I decided long ago that writing wasn't for me. I was a musician. Ha! Mercedes Yardley convinced me to do NaNoWriMo with her back in 2008. Actually writing my first book is what hooked me. Angie, Dani, Elana and Suzette cheered me on to the finish so they also deserve credit for the obsession, too. ;)

What author set off that spark of inspiration for your current Work in Progress?

No book sparked the one I'm currently writing. They're usually sparked by dreams I've had. I would have to say that Lloyd Alexander's Book of Three Series is what sparked my love of fantasy though. That, and a lot of Dungeons and Dragons gaming with my brothers. ;)

Is there a book or author that changed your world view?

My world view has been grounded from the great teachings of my parents. There have been books that have touched me deeply, but that is because that built upon the beliefs my parents had instilled in me. There is one set of books that hold more truth than any other and those books are my scriptures: the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

To check out the other participants in the Sparkfest, check out The Writer Coaster. Thank you, Christine, for hosting such a fun blogfest!

Now that you know me better, here's a question for you. What sparked your love of writing?

4 comments:

  1. Those are great sparks! Thanks for the links. Are you working on something new now or still Power's Touch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually started seriously writing under the influence of great friends, too. Before that, no living soul had ever seen into my crazy writer mind. Here's to inspirational ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved THE BOOK OF THREE too! It had a huge impact on me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams are a great segway into the creative process, and oftentimes give us quite unique results. Way to go making a shout-out to the BOM! Great response, and thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete

Travel to Another Point of View