Thursday, April 16, 2009

Throwdown Thursdays

Okay, I missed WiP Wednesdays so I thought I'd just be progressive. ;) Speaking of, I actually have made some this week. I've gotten quite a bit done on "Power's Touch" and I'm getting very excited about both my novels. I've set a goal with a group of other writers in a Rally Storm forum to write 500 words a day and so far so good! Plus I spent a good amount of time editing my first story, which I keep re-titling... Currently, it's "The Grip of Dreams". We'll see if this one sticks. There's still so much to do though and at times it seems a bit daunting. This week, I think it's time to find someone who would be willing to critique so that I know I'm on the right track. I know I have a problem with telling vs showing and I've tried to get better at that but sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. (There's another darn expression. I just can't help myself! They slide off my tongue. Err... fingers!) Anyway, off to google search I go...

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I'm bad with the telling vs showing as well. Getting better though :) And my titles change constantly! In fact, I'll usually just call my book after my main character until the book is done...then I search for the perfect (or least objectionable) title :D Although usually I have to resort to doing a poll with my writer buddies, because me and titles just don't work well together ;-) Congrats on all the progress!!

    ReplyDelete

Travel to Another Point of View