Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tag!

The fun and talented Mel Fowler has tagged me and I could never resist a game. What can I say? I'm a kid at heart. There I go giving away two interesting tidbits about myself and the game hasn't even begun yet. I'm just going to get right to it before I reveal any more!

10 Interesting (hopefully!) Things About Me: 

1. Before college, I hated the computer and avoided it. Ironically, I met my husband on in a chat room a little over ten years ago. Thanks to #camelot, Professor Hunt and roommate Jeni FTW! Yes, there's a great story there. ;)
2. My husband and I didn't like each other our first meeting. Funny how things change.
3. Speaking of change, I'm one of those people. The kind who love change and have a hard time standing still. Lucky for me I married a man who would end up moving us around every 2-3 years.
4. I sing opera and I compose music. I'm better at the first, but I love the second.
5. . I gave up performing to be a mom; it's the ultimate ambition and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. I promise.
6. I love religion. A lot! I hope I don't come off as preachy or anything, but I do love to talk about it and I believe strongly in creating and uplifting, which leads me into #7.
7. I love people. One of my favorite sayings is "It takes all kinds."
8. I'm a huge history buff and I love language. As a singer, I had to study Italian, French, German, Spanish and Latin. I picked up some Egyptian Arabic and Bahamian English in my travels as well. I'm not fluent in any of them, however.
9. I homeschool. For now at least.
10. I love to swim. We spend a little time almost every day in our community pool. I'm currently teaching my 3yo to dive. He's very good!

I'm supposed to tag five people now, but I don't have any idea who's done this and who hasn't so I'm just going to leave it open. If you decided to do it, please, leave me a comment with a link to your blog so I can read it. I would love to get to know you better!

10 comments:

  1. NICE!

    I didn't know you were a performer! And a homeschooler! And a traveler/language lover! No wonder I like you. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisa, did you know that you are just great??? Because you are, I am a muscian at heart too. I was a composition major and am a violist. I love music more than anything, but I took a break to be a mom. I started writing because its like music in words. I dont have any equipment for composition, but I guess I could hand write. It just takes a long time.

    You really are so neat. I'm glad I could get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those are a lot of languages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool that you sang opera and even cooler that you gave it up to me a mom. And religion is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://networkedblogs.com/n8kWD

    There's my tag response! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We homeschool too. :)
    Wonderful post. Wow, you know so many languages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are some amazing things! I grew up swimming every day, too. It's the funnest way to stay in shape imo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the list! You know, I haven't ever heard you sing. I really must some time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list--it's clear you have a lot of happiness in your life :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are awesome, Nisa! I love how you and your husband met and how you didn't like computers. :) I also think you're incredibly talented and wonderful, and this post just backed that up. :D

    ReplyDelete

Travel to Another Point of View