I'll tell you what has made made me happy, aside from the fact that it's Friday.
1. I'm 70% of the way through my first year of homeschooling and it turns out that I love it!
2. I'm finally feeling somewhat confident that I can shuffle everything around and get some writing in every day!
3. I started blogging again and I'd forgotten how much I love it!
4. I reread the first dozen chapters of my story after setting it aside for, what, four months? And I am so in love with it. I can't believe I've been putting revisions off for so long! I can do hard things. I can do hard things. I can do hard things. Eventually, that will stick, right?
5. I've been reading YOUR blogs today and, man, I've missed you all!
It feels good to know that I can and will find a balance in the things I have to do as wife and mom and the things I love to do as writer and musician. It may take a little time for me to figure out that balance, but I'm determined to because I've really missed this.
(Oh, I made it sound like I don't love being a wife and a mom and that is so not right. I love those roles, which is why I will always put them first!)