Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WiP Wednesday

It's done!! It's so done! My novel is finished! Well, we all know how relative that is... So to be clear, the first draft is done and now I can move onto revisions! Honestly, what else needs to be said? This post is just going to be a chaos of confetti, streamers and caramel because no one should have to celebrate without caramel! Yes, you heard right. Caramel over chocolate hands down.

Honestly, I think I'm all out of words. I just wrote almost 4,000 in the last two hours to bring my fantasy novel to a close and my hands ache *whine* *complain* *grumble* *grumble* This is a party and no muttering is allowed so I'm done. :D

Next step, find an on-line critique group. I'm a little terrified of this step. Not that I'm afraid of the crits. I'm kind of looking forward to that part. Sick, I know... What scares me is finding a group of people that will be honest in non-brutal fashion and constructive without being cruel. I'm a little nervous about finding a group that I'll click with. I can get along with just about anyone, but I'm trusting this new group of people with pieces of me and I'd prefer that we really hit it off as opposed to just being distant acquaintances. I was hoping I'd be able to find a group I could meet with in person, but no such luck there.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. Also, I am going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this year and I'm so excited! I've got the idea and I've got a husband willing to take on more than his fair share of the load for a month. He's a saint! If you're doing it too, buddy me, nisa79, and let me know so I can keep up with you as well. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing! And yum caramel - excellent choice;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot I had my personal computer with me at work tonight, so disregard my Nano message.

    In other words, yes, I already added you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

    And good luck with NaNo! I found my first online critique group at critiquecircle.com. I've made some great friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kate!

    Ray, thanks! I added you as well. :)

    Oh, I'll definitely head to that website once my kids are napping. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Nisa! There's nothing like getting a book finished. And just in time for NaNo too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The timing certainly worked out in my favor. Thanks, Elana! :D

    ReplyDelete

Travel to Another Point of View